Signs Melbourne Permits

INSIGNS can manage your signage proposals against local Council Sign Regulations.

We can help with council requirements, in compiling all the required documentation for all permit application from engineering, planning, occupation permits and building permits.


A planning permit is a legal document that allows a certain use and / or development on land, each council has a signage scheme which details policies and requirements for the use, development and protection of land, and is underpinned by the Planning and Environment Act 1987.  Rules as to when a planning permit for a sign varies between each council.

INSIGNS leading signage manufacturers can help to develop all the necessary documents to get your planning application approved from Site Context Reports to full Planning Reports. 


Depending on the location of your sign, you may require a footpath / occupation permit to install your sign. INSIGNS can work with the council to ensure all relevant documentation is submitted to get your signage installed. If your project is on a main road, MOA - memorandum of authorisation may also apply, which needs to be applied through VicRoads, which INSIGNS can also manage on your behalf.


Council will advise in the planning process if your signage requires a building permit. INSIGNS being qualified Registered Builders can work with our network of engineers and building surveyors, to coordinate this process for your business, from engineering, property to certificates, public protection permits - We know the process!